Monday 25 January 2021

HEY! I KNOW THAT GUY

 There's good news in the NZ Listener for Mike with a good review of his novel TAKING PAGODA MOUNTAIN BY STRATEGY.






I've read this book twice now and have thoroughly enjoyed it with its literary and comic allusions (Tin Tin, Goons etc) and lots of local puns and lifetime references.

Mike has 'self-published' this book and it has a quality feel about it. His 'Mao with moko' cover sets the tone of humour and irreverence well.. The Listener review should create a lot of attention and hopefully some publishers can help Mike get the book stocked in some decent bookshops.



NOT THIS ONE






8 comments:

  1. I'll buy it if he doesn't take pot shots at Catholics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, the brothers and priests do that by abusing children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure my brothers and parish Priest do not abuse children.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I'm sure you are correct there Robert but, to put pedanticism aside, Richard was referring to the many, many Catholic Brothers, priests and other church people who, undeniably have abused children. For you to continue with this denial and obtuseness is, frankly, pathetic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I deplore your unscientificness. Statistics done in a scientific manner show that only 3% of Catholic tutors abused children while 17% of tutors in the secular education abuse.

      Delete
  5. But to return to the topic at hand, great to see erudite and witty colleagues get a profile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would comment in the nicest way that anyone can have a profile, erudite or not.

      Delete

MY LIFE AS A PENCIL - HAIKU

  A clear manuscript I wrote until my tip broke A smeared manuscript .